A versatile, two-channel distortion/fuzz box that combines the Black Cat OD-1 with a Silicon/Germanium Hybrid Fuzz Face in one pedal. New version now has Crimson Red silkscreen graphic.
The Black Cat OD-Fuzz Hybrid is a versatile, two-channel distortion/fuzz box that combines the Black Cat OD-1 with a Germanium/Silicon Hybrid Fuzz Face in one pedal. Each channel of the OD-Fuzz has its own set of controls with separate LEDs for each side. The two channels can be used separately or together in combination. Each effect has its own distinct sound, but the blend of both channels together will yield an incredibly wide range of tonal possibilities, from slightly overdriven to full-blown fuzz. The controls become highly interactive when both effects are engaged.
The OD-Fuzz Hybrid is essentially the same as the standard Black Cat OD-Fuzz, except it uses a combination of Germanium and Silicon transistors in the fuzz circuit. This gives you the earthy warmth of Germanium and the sizzle of Silicon together in one fuzz. The Hybrid Fuzz channel also blends incredibly well with the OD channel.Made in the U.S.A.
- Durable powder-coat “Holographic Sparkle” finish
- High-quality OP275 dual op-amp for OD channel
- NOS Germanium and Silicon Fuzz Face transistors
- Professional glass epoxy double-sided PCB
- 3PDT true-bypass switch and Switchcraft jacks
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, or internal 9V battery
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Two channels can be used independently or together
- Controls are interactive when channels are combined
- The fuzz channel is first in the circuit to allow the player optimal control of dynamics and cleanup of fuzz. When both effects are used simultaneously, the Volume knob of the OD channel will function as a master volume control for the whole pedal. Experimenting with many different settings is sure to reveal your most desired tones.